It is one of the materials used since ancient times, used by the Pharaohs to show their eyes wide and beautiful, and is famous for its use in the Middle East, North Africa, and Morocco. Arab, South Asian, and scattered parts of Africa. Kohl is characterized by its ability to protect the eye from strong sunlight in desert and warm areas.
How to make kohl?
Kohl with sesame oil
- 1.50 ml of sesame or bovine oil and preferably oil.
- A large silver lamp can hold up to 50 ml of oil or ghee. If no silver is available, any lamp can be used for the same purpose.
- Long and thick fuse of cotton.
- Copper plate.
How to prepare:
- Put half a tablespoon of oil or ghee aside, put the remaining amount in the lamp, then put the cotton wick and light the lamp.
- Place the metal plate top of the lamp so that the flame touches the dish, and adjust the position of the dish using the stent.
- Put the lamp in a place where the air does not blow, let it burn all night or even burn oil, which takes about 10 hours in a row.
- The black powder residue on the copper plate is burnt when the oil is burned. These residues are the basis of kohl.
- We take half a tablespoon of oil, put it aside at the beginning, and pour it on the black residue point by point, then rub the residue and oil with a finger for a minute or two, and keep the thickness of the kohl as desired, preferably the thickness of the thickness of the kohl like butter, because if it is light Easily and if thick it will lump.
- Put the kohl in a sealed container, then put the case in the refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours before using it for the first time, then get out of the box from the refrigerator and keep it at room temperature.
The kohl is made of stone
- The stone of extinction.
- Zamzam water.
- Drops of both: castor oil, olive oil.
How to prepare:
- We bring the stone and the amount of Zamzam water.
- Soak the stone in Zamzam water for three days in a row.
- We take out the stone from the Zamzam water and leave it to dry completely.
- Grind the stone well until it is cooked as powder.
- Place drops of olive oil and castor oil into the powder.
- Re-grind the powder until smooth.
- Place the powder in a sealed-up oven so that it is not contaminated with dust and dust.