The exposure of the eye to some conditions may cause the appearance of the white part of the eye yellow color, usually due to several reasons we will know and many other things implying the following:
- An imbalance in the gallbladder or pancreas may lead to blistering of the eye.
- The yellowing of the eye may be the result of jaundice, a disease that leads to the accumulation of bilirubin in the skin causing yellowing and yellowing other parts of the eye instead of moving to the liver and then to the bile duct to be expelled with the stool.
- Increased bilirubin production results in darkening of the urine, itching of the skin and yellowing of the eye.
- The liver also has many important functions of the body, but what is known as liver cirrhosis may also lead to blistering of the eye as a result of alcohol, hepatitis, viral infection, liver cancer, liver infection or due to causes and rheumatism. , Or porphyria.
May accompany the yellowing of the eye resulting from the existence of a problem that has affected the liver there are some other symptoms such as loss of appetite, nausea, sudden weight loss and unexplained fatigue.
The liver produces the bile that is collected in the gallbladder and is responsible for releasing the bile to help the body digest fat, which is connected across the bile duct to the liver, sometimes leading to gallstones forming in the bile duct and some cysts, tumors or gallbladder inflammation .
May be accompanied by yellowing of the eye resulting from the presence of a problem that has affected the gallbladder, there are some other symptoms, such as the emergence of blood with stool, chills and fever, feeling stomach pains and loss of unexplained weight.
The pancreatic duct and the bile duct, which enter the small intestine, may be exposed to certain obstructions and conditions that help to develop jaundice as mentioned earlier, or pancreatic cancer.
The yellowing of the eye may be due to an abnormal breakdown of red blood cells and / or an imbalance in the secretion of bilirubin, which affects the production of red blood cells as a result of drug use or as a result of a blood transfusion or sickle cell anemia.
- Eye yellowing can be treated by consulting your doctor and performing the appropriate tests recommended by your doctor such as liver function tests, hepatitis B, and C tests, as well as bilirubin.
- The results of the tests shall be reviewed by the competent physician to perform the appropriate diagnosis and description of the treatment, with the guidance of the important and most important of which is to abstain from drinking alcohol.
- The doctor may increase the amount of iron if the yellowing of the eye due to anemia, by eating some of its sources of various foods such as beef, liver, chicken, green leafy vegetables and beans.
- Your doctor may prescribe an antiviral medicine, especially if the yellowing of the eye is caused by a liver infection caused by exposure to a particular virus.
Home remedies help to eliminate yellowing of the eye
- You can soak 3 pieces of long peppers in 3 teaspoons of yogurt, then leave the peppers drained for at least 24 hours, to be mashed and mix the long peppers with salt and then drink the mixture with water.
- Drink tomato juice with salt and black pepper before breakfast.
Learn more about why your eyes are yellowing.