All mothers want to diversify food for their children to get all the necessary nutrients that will strengthen the child, to enjoy good health, and help him to complete his growth healthy and healthy, through diversification of nutritious and useful foods, rich in vitamins, minerals, healthy fats, carbohydrates and proteins While ensuring that meals are distributed equally to the age of the child and his daily needs, and that the meals are delicious so that the children want and are encouraged to eat them.
Starch is a soft, smooth, white and odorless flour extracted from the tissues that are formed within the flowering seed called swaida. Starch is a complex, high polymerization of carbohydrates; it contains amylose and amylobectin, and is used as an intense substance for sauces, various types of soups, It increases the thickness of the added liquid and helps to bond its parts together.
Starch molecules encapsulate cellulose membranes that dissolve when placed in water and reach the boiling point, forming a high-density gel mix, depending on the amount of added starch. The starch is found in a number of foods such as corn, rice, pasta and potatoes.
Starch has many uses, the first of which is the spread of clothing, and then entered many industries of medical supplies and cosmetics, and the benefits are not limited to this extent, but it is a food rich in carbohydrates and nutritious for children since the age of weaning because of its important role in providing children with energy , And its many benefits.
The benefits of starch for children
- Provide children between the first and third years with the energy needed for growth and learning.
- Reduces severe diarrhea in children.
- The baby feels fuller for longer hours.
- Contributes to the success of physical activities properly and properly, if treated moderately and without exaggeration.
- Treats redness of skin, and nappy rash.
- It is used as an alternative to talcum powder to absorb moisture under the armpit, especially for children with asthma and allergies.
- Nutrition experts emphasize the need for children to eat carbohydrates in daily ration within the daily diet, and by 50% to 60%, while not eating excessive starch; to avoid obesity, and other problems, and to familiarize the child to eat natural and healthy food, and away from potato chips, sweets Rich in fats and sugars.
- The mother can add a large tablespoon of starch to one cup of a variety of children’s soup; to obtain a thick gelatinous strength, or can prepare milk milk starch.
The way starch machete works for children
- A glass of liquid milk.
- A tablespoon of starch.
- Spoon of sugar.
- A teaspoon of cast water.
How to prepare
- Place the starch spoon in the cold milk, and dissolve until not lump.
- Milk and starch are placed on low heat with continuous flipping from time to time until boiling.
- The fire is extinguished when the bubbles appear, and the milk turns into a gelatinous mixture.
- Pour the pudding into glass cups and cool at room temperature.
- Sugar can be dispensed with, and sweetened with a little honey, if your child crosses his first year.