Parsley or Citrus (Petroselinum) is one of the most important plants or herbs of Mediterranean origin, such as southern Italy, Greece, Algeria and Tunisia, where parsley grows in humid, temperate regions. Parsley is widely used in international cuisine and is widely used in the Middle East, Europe, Brazil and America, where it is added to many meals to give the taste and the best appearance, such as boiled and mashed potatoes, rice dishes, fish and meat. Cooking to decorate or cook soup, sauces and sandwiches as in hot plates. Parsley is also the main ingredient in many salads in the Middle East. In addition to the great benefit of the parsley, and the delicious appearance on dishes prepared and cooked in its forms, it can also be made in the form of a drink of health and nutritional benefit; by soaking boiled water for a period of time.
The nutritional value of parsley
The following table shows the nutritional composition of each 100 g fresh parsley:
|Food ingredient||Nutritional value|
|Total fat||0.79 grams|
|vitamin C||133 milligrams|
|Vitamin B1||0.086 milligrams|
|Vitamin B2||0.098 milligrams|
|Vitamin B3||1.313 milligrams|
|Vitamin B6||0.09 milligrams|
|Folic acid||152 micrograms|
|Vitamin B12||0.00 micrograms|
|Vitamin A||421 micrograms|
|Vitamin Y||0.75 milligrams|
|Vitamin K||1640 micrograms|
Benefits of drinking soaked parsley
It has been used for several centuries because of its medicinal properties, especially when taken on an empty stomach like other herbivores, where the desired benefits are multiplied and the process of absorption of its active ingredients is facilitated. The most important benefits that parsley gives to the body will be mentioned when it is soaked and drunk:
- It treats the kidneys and urinary tract problems, such as stones, except acute kidney inflammation, where parsley dipped the salts from being concentrated in different body tissues such as kidneys and bladder, and helps to remove them. Therefore, the soaked parsley prevents the retention of water inside the body’s various tissues, and prevents swelling by eliminating excess water in the body because of the containment of a large amount of potassium.
- It increases memory and reduces frequent forgetfulness.
- Contains a high percentage of vitamin C which increases the overall health of teeth and eyes, is an important resistance to infection, in addition to its work as an antioxidant, protects against rheumatoid arthritis and osteoporosis.
- Containing parsley on beta-carotene is also beneficial in reducing the severity of many health problems, such as asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, where it is converted into the body into vitamin A, which is very important in maintaining and strengthening the body’s immune system, and in fighting infection.
- Vitamin C and Vitamin A are among the most vital nutrients that act as powerful antioxidants that destroy free radicals, which in turn protect them from many diseases, such as atherosclerosis, diabetes, and colon.
- The parsley is diluted with a high calcium content that plays an important role in maintaining bone health and teeth, as well as its important role in weight loss.
- The parsley is rich in folic acid, which acts as an effective treatment for anemia, contributes to the maintenance of cardiovascular health, regulates blood circulation in the body and reduces the risk of atherosclerosis and stroke. Folic acid is also one of the important nutrients that confirm the proper or desirable cell division in the body, which is important in the prevention of cancer, and prevent the formation of cancer cells in the two most dangerous areas in the body because of their containment of fast-dividing cells compared with cells in other areas of the body , and these areas are the colon at both sexes, and the cervix in women.
- Treats gallbladder and liver effectively, and saves them from harmful substances, which is a natural treatment beneficial to each.
- The parsley extract has a positive effect on the stomach and intestines; it makes them soft and improves their vital processes such as digestion, and it effectively handles constipation.
- It has a great effect on the skin, increases its freshness and shine, and is an ideal solution for blisters and acne that suffers from oily skin.
- It is an effective antagonist for the growth of cancer cells and contributes to the reduction of risk of infection.
- Parsley increases the strength of nerve cells, in addition to the strengthening of sight.
- The parsley gives the hair gloss, strength and density desired, and strengthens the scalp, which prevents hair loss.
- It is used as a general disinfectant for stomach, mouth, and teeth; it is used by many to remove bad odors, especially after eating onions.
Method of preparing parsley dipped
It is recommended to place a quarter cup of fresh parsley leaves and stems in a cup, then add a cup of boiling water, cover and leave for 10 minutes, then remove the leaves and stems of parsley, and make the drink as it is without additives, or add honey and a little lemon juice to enhance flavor, and can be kept parsley for two days in the refrigerator.
Conditions that are not recommended drink dipped parsley
As with other beverages, it is advised not to drink parsley juice in the following cases:
- In cases of pregnancy, it is recommended not to drink parsley, which has negative effects on the health of the fetus, and may lead to abortion in some cases, but adding parsley in moderate amounts to food does not endanger the health of the fetus and the continuity of pregnancy.
- In cases of lactation, as the parsley is soaked, the milk is dried in the breast of the nursing mother.