Carrots are among the most famous types of root vegetables, taste delicious, orange color, and there are islands in other colors such as yellow, crimson, white, red, and has a crisp and cohesive texture, and is a mine of vitamins and useful nutrients, and can be eaten raw or roasted or mashed or cooked or in the form Juice, or added to the salads, is a plant grown all over the world.
The nutritional value of the islands
The carrots contain many vitamins and antioxidants, most important of which are vitamin A, beta-carotene, alpha carotene, polyacetylene, lutein, carbohydrates, proteins, amino acids, soluble dietary fiber, sugars, iodine, potassium, sodium, calcium, boron, B complex, vitamin B 2, vitamin B6, vitamin K, vitamin E, vitamin C, vitamin D, and pectin.
Benefits of carrots
- Improves the ability to look, and protects the eye from disease, such as cataracts.
- Eliminates the free radicals of cells and prevents the spread and growth of cancerous tumors, especially colon cancer, lung cancer, rectal cancer, and prostate cancer.
- Increase the sexual ability of men.
- Protects against cardiovascular disease.
- Relieves high blood pressure.
- Reduces the risk of stroke, stroke, and stroke.
- Reduces cholesterol levels in the blood and prevents atherosclerosis.
- Maintains oral and dental health and strengthens gums.
- Increases secretion of saliva, and balances the pH of the mouth.
- Prevents the necrosis of teeth and mills, eliminates the foul smell of the mouth, and gives it a breath of fresh breath.
- It protects the liver from disease and purifies toxins.
- It prevents the deposition of bile and fat in the liver.
- Cleans the body of toxins and waste.
- Provides skin freshness and vitality and protects the appearance of signs of aging.
- It is a natural protector of skin from harmful sun rays and helps to resist skin burns and pigmentation.
- Balances blood sugar, and prevents its height.
- It is a strong antidote to diarrhea, especially in children, by eating it in the form of juice.
- Calms the nerves, gives the feeling of rest and relaxation.
Carrots and constipation
Carrots are a food that causes constipation, because it contains a high percentage of pectin, so it is considered a food that treats severe diarrhea, and excessive intake causes constipation, but moderately it works in the opposite way, it increases the softness of the stool, and prevents the incidence of constipation, It contains some oils and food fiber that dissolves in water, which gives flexibility to the intestines and colon, and rid of the body of waste, and to treat constipation is recommended to drink a cup of fresh carrot juice morning and evening.