Lettuce is a seasonal herb plant cultivated in most countries of the world. China is the most productive and exporting country for lettuce. The pharaohs were the first to use lettuce in their food as a type of food plant. It is a broad leafy green plant that is rich in vitamin A. In addition to potassium, zinc, phosphorus, and iron.
The lettuce oil is made from the lettuce seeds by fermentation for four weeks in vegetable oil. It can be prepared by placing 100 g of lettuce seeds in a pot, then add olive oil to the seeds, then seal the pot and place in the sun for four weeks with daily stirring. After a period of time, oil is extracted from the seeds after the presiing and becomes lettuce oil ready for use for all purposes.
Benefits of lettuce oil for hair
- Supplying hair and skin with the three elements that increase their biological appearance, namely silicon, phosphorus and sulfur, through the application of light massage of lettuce oil on the scalp and skin.
- Massage hair moistened with lettuce oil and left for an hour improves hair growth and increases its density because it contains a high concentration of vitamin E.
- It is used to straighten the curly, dry and damaged hair by applying it to wet hair once a week.
- It is recommended to be used in the case of hair that suffers from weak roots; it strengthens and increases the vitality.
- The oil of lettuce comes after olive oil in terms of its ability to prolong the hair, so that the heating of a quantity of lettuce oil suitable for the length of hair and massage the scalp well from the roots to the parties and then covered with a plastic hat every evening, and wash the hair in the morning for ten consecutive days and you will see a remarkable improvement in your hair.
- Rub dry hair with small quantity and leave without washing; to eliminate the problem of tangled hair caused by hair dryness.
Benefits of lettuce oil for skin
- It is added to the skin masks to provide the skin with the necessary nutrition because it contains essential vitamins and minerals in addition to silicon.
- It is used for soft skin by applying it on the face and neck once a day with a light massage until the skin is fully absorbed. The lettuce is rich in antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids that fight the aging of skin.
- It is used on the skin to treat pimples and pills and remove their effects; rub on the face before bedtime and wash the morning.
- Works to relieve the swelling of the eyelids by gently rubbing it with your fingertips several times a day until the swelling disappears.