It is a long grass with green leaves, grows on the ends of the canals and water pools, and can grow the mint plant in a similar way to grow parsley. Mint is a refreshing aroma that is of great benefit to humans. It is used in many fields, such as cooking, and the work of the authorities. It can also be used as a sedative and refreshing drink, and its useful oil can be extracted from its small leaves called peppermint oil.
Peppermint oil is oil extracted from certain leaves of mint called peppermint mint, by subjecting mint leaves to distillation and exposure to steam. Mint oil contains an important organic compound called menthol. Menthol is a volatile gas with an aromatic scent Which gives the mint oil its sedative and soothing properties.
Benefits of peppermint oil
Peppermint oil has great benefits for human health, and we will mention in this article the most important of these benefits:
- Works to fight stress and fatigue.
- This oil has the cooling properties of the skin, so it is used to treat sunburn and skin irritation.
- It has a great role in facilitating the digestion process and eliminating the contagion that may infect the stomach.
- Very useful for the stomach, so that works to relieve stomach pain and convulsions, and it works to expel gases.
- It treats itching and skin allergies.
- A few drops of it can be added to the massage oil to massage it, which greatly contributes to the stimulation of the heart, circulation and brain.
- When massaging the head, it will relieve headaches and migraines.
- It has a great role in calming the nerves, and it helps to relax the muscles, so it enters into a lot of drugs that deal with muscle spasm.
- Works on the treatment of arthritis, rheumatism, and neuropathic pain.
- Its use as an air conditioner is very beneficial; it works to get rid of insomnia, so it helps to relax and sleep well.
- It strengthens the gums, sterilizes the mouth from bacteria, fights tooth decay, and works to rid the mouth of bad smell, and give it a refreshing smell, so it enters the composition of the toothpaste.
- It gives the skin freshness and vitality, because it saves them from the secretions of fatty and therefore it fights acne, and impurities.
- Works to relieve the effects of insect bites and mosquitoes.
- It works to clear the chest and bronchi, so it is used as an important ingredient in cough medicines.
- Good pain reliever.
- Very useful for hair, so it works to increase its growth, especially in cases of hair loss.
- Combates dandruff, and secretions of fatty secretion of the scalp, and works to cool them.
- It has a great role in calming the nervous colon.
- It works to strengthen the immune system and stimulate circulation.
- Relieves fever.
- It has a great role in expelling insects, by placing it in a small container and placing it next to the window.
- Relieves the skin pain caused by the needles in children.