There is no doubt that the college is one of the most important members in the human body, a secret of the creation of the wonderful human being, which is the focus of the eyes of many scientists from around the world. There is no doubt that this member is very important because it performs many functions that are not limited to the process of the formation and output of urine, but beyond. What is the macro anatomically and physiologically? What are their functions? How can you know the assessment of kidney condition? What are the means to clean the kidneys and maintain their health?
Kidney anatomy and physiology
The human has two kidneys, each located in the dorsal wall in front of the back muscles and is not covered by the “peritoneal” membrane that covers most of the internal organs of the human, and in this position, they are very sensitive members, but they perform very high functions.
One kidney resembles a bean, weighing between 140 and 160 grams. It is responsible for the formation of urine and the extraction of toxins and unnecessary substances from blood plasma during the filtration process. Each kidney contains more than a million nephrons, which is the structural and functional unit of the kidney, which is the part that processes the formation of urine and the extraction of toxins from plasma blood. In this “nephron” re-absorption of many important substances needed by the body, such as amino acids, glucose and other necessary materials.
The function of the kidneys is not limited to the production and removal of urine, but it is very large, it is the functions of the kidney, but not limited to:
The vitamin D industry is very important in the process of building bones and teeth. The vitamin is absorbed by the incomplete state of the bowel, but is fully prepared and adjusted in the kidneys to be able to function.
The secretion of renin, the substance responsible for the secretion of other substances, eventually increases the involuntary contraction of the muscles around the blood vessels to maintain a constant level of blood pressure of the human body.
The kidneys keep the level of electrolytes steady and away from imbalances that can lead to serious disorders, such as high or low level of potassium, sodium, phosphate, calcium, and others.
The kidneys produce an important hormone called erythropoietin, the hormone responsible for the manufacture of red blood cells, so people with kidney failure have chronic anemia. They need to compensate for the building of new red blood cells.
How To Know Kidney Health
Kidney health can be assessed in various ways, ranging from direct observation, through clinical examination and examination, to the necessary medical and laboratory examinations. Some of the most important ways in which kidney health can be assessed are:
- Direct observation of the nature of urine, in terms of color, quantity, smell, pain associated with urination and other things apparent,
- Lower back pain may indicate renal problems, such as kidney stones, kidney pelvic inflammation, increased urinary reflux rate to the kidney pelvis, and other renal problems.
- Clinical examination of the kidney, and this examination must be performed by the specialist doctor, where the examination of the abdomen in general, and then focuses on the kidney size and form external, and the extent of association with back pain or abdomen, if any.
- Laboratory tests, the most important of which are the known renal functions, creatinine and urea. This is a waste disposed of the body through the kidneys, any increase in the level of these articles, means that kidney function is deteriorating, and must be careful and attention.
- Make an ultrasound image of the kidneys to determine the size of the kidneys, whether they are normal size or otherwise, and to see if there are any problems related to the upper urinary tract near the kidneys.
Kidney cleaning and maintenance methods
It is very important to maintain this important member, because the health reflected on the health of the body as a whole, and this requires commitment to some of the guidelines that help to protect the kidneys, and cleaning, and maintain safety, including:
- Do not eat foods that contain preservatives Carefully, such as legumes preserved in cans such as beans, beans, chickpeas and others.
- Getting used to eating a large amount of fluids, preferably water at least 3 liters per day, because it helps to clean the urinary tract of the causes of inflammation, kidney stones and others. As well as fluids in general, water in particular helps protect the kidneys from the toxic substances that filter into the plasmid fluid. Thus protecting her from infection and thus disrupting her function.
- Eat a large amount of vegetables and fruits, especially from vegetables, parsley, cucumbers, onions, etc., and fruit grapes, dates, apples and others. Because vegetables and fruits also help to reduce the amount of toxins absorbed with foods in the intestine, which reduces the chance of access to the kidneys, and thus protect them.
- When you notice any abnormal urinary tract symptoms, such as difficulty urinating, small gallstones with urination, urine changes to red or black, contact your doctor immediately because any delay in kidney function assessment is detrimental to the affected person , And the more rapid the process of treatment, the more quickly and safely the chance of restoring kidney health.
- Avoid urinary incontinence for a long time and try to get to the bathroom as soon as needed, because the process of urinary incontinence leads to urinary reflux into the kidney pelvis leading to kidney stones and even infections, which increases the chance of renal function disorder.
- Avoid bad habits such as smoking. The percentage of people who smoke and have kidney disease has been higher than those who are not smokers. Smoking is also one of the risk factors that can sometimes lead to kidney cancer.
- Avoid the intake of drugs, especially the elderly who take quantities of drugs because of chronic diseases, because the drugs in general are disintegrating either in the liver or kidney, and in the case of disintegration in the kidneys, and significantly, leading to disorders in their functions, and in the long term, This may fail.
In some cases, attention must be paid to the health and safety of the kidneys, maintenance of a moderate amount of fluids, and continuous follow-up by the specialist doctor in some special cases such as:
- Some people who have one kidney, whether they have donated a kidney, are congenital, or have been surgically removed for any surgical reason, should continue to follow up with the specialist, and maintain more than normal health of college jobs.
- Some people with diabetes are very prone to kidney disease, so they are asked to regulate the sugar level in a way that ensures kidney safety.
- Some people who have previously had kidney dysfunction should have a regular follow-up function so that they can return to their normal renal function and do not have a new relapse.
- People who have a history of hereditary kidney disease must have a regular check-up with their doctor.
The kidney is one of the most important organs of the human body, and maintaining the safety of the first priority, and one of the most important means to maintain them, the commitment to the mentioned advice in terms of maintaining the cleaning of the kidneys of toxins that are filtered daily in the plasmid fluid, and the commitment to periodic examinations in some special cases.