Trigonella foenum graecum is a annual plant belonging to Leguminosae. The ring originates in the Mediterranean, Southern Europe and Western Asia, a herb used in food preparation and therapeutic purposes since ancient times. , Because of its therapeutic qualities. Many of its benefits and therapeutic effects are due to its high content of dietary fiber, which accounts for about 25% of it. It also explains its use as a stabilizer and modifier in many food industries. Health and therapeutic of the circuit.
Popular uses of the circuit
In many ancient medicine systems, such as Ayurvedic medicine, Greek medicine, and Latin, the circuit was used in ancient Egypt to facilitate childbirth, increased milk production in lactating women, and women in Egypt The ring is currently used to relieve menstrual pain, they also make ring tea to relieve other abdominal pain, and the Chinese also use it to relieve abdominal pain. Its uses in folk medicine include treating cases of inflammation of the palate, Colitis, Tuberculosis, Tuberculosis, Dysmenorrhea, Menopause Symptoms, and Menopause. It is also used to stimulate the production of breast milk, and as an alternative to insulin in reducing Blood sugar level.
Benefits of the ring
In addition to what is known about the popular circuit of the benefits and uses of health and treatment, scientific research has proved many of these and other benefits, including the benefits of the ring on each of the following:
- Many studies have found that experimental animals with diabetes have adverse effects on the level of blood cholesterol for the seeds of the ring. This effect is attributed to increased production of insulin and other external mechanisms. Research has found that reducing the level of glucose caused by ingestion exceeds what can be caused by the resulting height At the level of insulin, the dietary fibers present in the ring play a role in this effect in addition to other components.
- Several studies have found that eating the seeds of the ring with food reduces the level of glucose in the blood after the meal in cases of type II diabetes, as eating 5-50 g of seed ring daily is effective, and found that eating 50 g of the seeds of the ring twice Daily lowers the level of glucose in the urine in patients with Type I diabetes.
- Research has found that the seeds of the ring are effective in relieving the pain of dysmenorrhea. The intake of 1800-2700 mg of ring seed powder three times a day during the first three days of the menstrual cycle, and then eating 900 mg three times a day during two sessions reduce the pain associated with it , And decreased the need for painkillers.
- Increased intake of breast milk, where some scientists suggest that eating the ring can increase the amount of breast milk within 24 to 72 hours, and some research has found that eating ring powder or tea can raise the volume of breast milk, while other studies found that Eating a diet supplement three times a day for 21 days starting on the fifth day after birth does not increase milk production.
- Several scientific studies have proven the role of the circuit in lowering blood sugar levels in cases of diabetes type I and II.
- Some studies have found anti-inflammatory effects in the ring.
- Studies have found that ring extracts have anti-oxidant and anti-oxidant effects due to their high content of phenolic compounds.
- Several scientific studies of cancer-infected animals or cancer cell lines have found that ring seeds have anti-cancer effects in many species. A study of rats found that they can fight breast cancer cells by stimulating Cancer cell death.
- Many of the scientific studies have shown the effectiveness of the ring against the hepatic pylori (Helecobacter pylori), which is responsible for a high rate of development of gastric and duodenal ulcers, which also increases the risk of stomach cancer.
- The ring was found to be effective in treating urinary tract stones (Calcic urolithiasis). Helecobacter pylori
- The ring can have positive effects on the digestive system. It has been found to increase the secretion of pancreatic lipase (Pancreatic lipase), improve bowel movement, and contribute to the relief of constipation due to its high dietary fiber content.
- Some initial research has found that taking 500 mg of fenugreek powder daily for 8 weeks by men may contribute to improved athletic performance. A study found that it reduces the level of body fat and raises the level of testosterone without increasing Of muscle strength or of their performance in stamina exercises, while other research found that this reduces the level of body fat and increases the ability to perform some of the exercises that have been studied.
- Some research on two dietary supplements containing the ring found that taking these supplements before the two largest meals a day reduces the symptoms of heartburn.
- Some preliminary research has found that eating oil drops three times a day for four months increases the number of sperm in people with a small number of sperm, but research has shown that eating other parts of the ring does not have this effect.
- Some studies suggest a role for the circuit in weight loss by reducing hunger and reducing the amount of food eaten daily due to the effect of dietary fiber content, which increases the feeling of satiety, but there is not enough research to show the impact on weight loss.
Side effects and safety of use
The intake of the ring in quantities usually found in food, or in therapeutic doses higher than those used in foods and for a period of 6 months safe, and may show some of the side effects of the treatment, which include diarrhea, stomach pain, puffiness, gases, maple-like smell Maple syrup) in the urine, as it can cause people allergic to some other symptoms that include coughing, nasal congestion, wheezing, facial swelling, and serious allergic reactions, as the intake of ring can cause a decrease in blood sugar level.
The ring is safe during pregnancy, but can cause early contractions, and prenatal treatment can cause a maple syrup-like scent to appear in the baby, which can cause confusion between the symptom and Maple syrup urine disease. , And the intake of lactate for short periods to increase milk production is safe; 1725 mg of the ring daily for 21 days is considered safe and does not cause any side effects in infants.
However, according to some reports, eating ring tea is associated with loss of consciousness in children. Eating it may cause a strange odor, while people with nutritional sensitivities to any other legume plant, such as peanuts, Soybeans, and peas, for their possible sensitivity to the ring as well. Because of the effects of the circuit on the level of blood sugar, people with diabetes should monitor their level of sugar if the ring.
The ring interacts with some medications, such as diabetes medications, and drugs that slow blood clotting. Therefore, people taking these medications should be taken care of when taking the ring.
Note : This article is not considered a health reference, please see your doctor before starting any herbal or alternative treatment.