High blood pressure is one of the most common diseases of the times, and doctors call it the “silent killer” for its seriousness on all organs of the body and its consequences associated with irregularity. Hypertension is linked to cardiovascular disease and kidney failure. High blood pressure may be an indicator and symptom of many diseases. Blood pressure is high and exceeds the normal limit if it is more than the normal pressure of 80/120 mm Hg, In the circulatory system due to a number of factors that control blood pressure.
Factors that control blood pressure
- Heart disease caused by a defect in the blood vessels, such as atherosclerosis.
- Diseases of the nervous system.
- Hormone dysfunction and endocrine system.
- Failure kidney function.
Types of high blood pressure
- Primary type: This type is unknown. Its causes may be due to heredity and family history of blood pressure, stress, and poor lifestyle such as increasing the salt intake to food, eating salty foods rich in fats and sugars that raise insulin levels in the blood, Excessive obesity, smoking and drinking alcohol, this type constitutes 95%.
- Secondary type: This type of high pressure is known as the cause. It comes as a result of “primary” disease, such as kidney failure, atherosclerosis, dysfunction of the endocrine system and secretion of hormones such as hypothyroidism or increased thyroxine secretion. , Pituitary diseases, adrenal gland such as increase the secretion of the hormone “Aldosterone”, which causes increased secretion of the obstruction in the process of disposal of sodium and fluid in the kidney, leading to an increase in the volume of fluid in the blood vessels and thus high blood pressure, and this type of 5% .
Symptoms and signs of blood pressure
Although hypertension is often a silent killer, there are signs and symptoms of high blood pressure, which can be inferred that blood pressure is high, even without measurement. These symptoms are obvious and affect the body’s activity , And these symptoms:
- Feeling severe headache.
- Feeling of losing balance “rotor”.
- The occurrence of disturbances in the vision, and Zugan in consideration.
- Feeling short of breath sometimes.
- The sense of laziness, inactivity and weight in the body.
- Inflammation and swelling of the feet due to fluid retention in the lower limbs.
- Accelerating heart rate.
- The urine color tends to red, and urinary tract infections occur.
- Tinnitus .
- Occurrence of nasal bleeding or bleeding.