Each time the heart beats, the blood is pushed towards the arteries strongly, pumped to the rest of the body, this is called blood pressure, that is, the force that is pumped blood during the pulse in the heart.
The pressure is divided into two types:
- Systolic pressure: It is that the blood is pushed with the highest strength during the pulse, to pump blood.
- Diastolic pressure: It is that blood is pushed through the heart and between the pulses, and low blood pressure.
Pressure measuring devices
Blood pressure is measured using one of the devices designated for this, including: a mercury pressure measuring device, an arterial pressure measuring device, normal reading at 115/75 mmHg, and the highest reading in the decimal fraction shown on the pressure device is systolic pressure, Rugs, and in diastolic pressure, it will be the least readable value and serve as a denominator.
Example: Natural Reading (115/75) mmHg.
115: The highest value is the systolic pressure value, 75: the least readable value is the diastolic pressure (denominator). Blood pressure is low if the reading is less than 90/60 and is high if it is higher than 120/80.
Measuring blood pressure without a device
Sometimes you may have to measure blood pressure at home without a blood pressure monitor. There is an easy and simple way to follow. It is to stand in front of a wall of your house, put your back against the wall, and try to push the wall back with your hand for 60 seconds Then one of the results will appear:
- Blood pressure will be high if the hand rises to a higher level of the shoulder involuntarily.
- Blood pressure will be low if the hand falls below shoulder level.
Blood pressure diseases
- Hypertension: Hypertension is called a silent killer. The person who is infected with the disease may become infected without the knowledge of the disease or the onset of any symptoms at the beginning, a very common disease, a chronic diabetes.
High blood pressure occurs when the heart muscle starts to pump large amounts of blood more than usual. When this pump is pumped into the blood, the resistance to blood flow in the arteries begins to increase due to its narrowness and accuracy. Synergies thus reach the rest of the body.
Symptoms of high blood pressure
- Headache: The person who is suffering from high blood pressure is very high in headaches, which makes him distinguish between this type of headaches and headaches.
- Dizziness: The casualty feels slightly lost in balance or is unable to concentrate.
- Epilepsy: Symptoms of high blood pressure sometimes, the descent of blood from the nose of the injured.
- Irregular heartbeat: The patient feels that the pulse of his heart is irregular or accelerates his pulse.
Types of hypertension
- Primary hypertension: It is mild and sometimes accidental, affects adolescents or young people and has no cause or factor, but worsens with age.
- Secondary hypertension: It is a disease that affects humans as a result of other diseases such as kidney diseases and tumors of the gland, or after the intake of some drugs, such as birth control pills, and comes by surprise recording very high readings of high blood pressure.
Complications of hypertension
- Atherosclerosis: A person becomes hardened artery walls due to high blood pressure too, resulting in the incidence of heart attacks, which in turn can lead to death.
- Thickness of the heart muscle: High blood pressure does not enable the heart to pump enough blood to the rest of the body, because of the thickness of the heart muscles, which leads to heart failure.
- High cholesterol, diabetes: Sometimes accompanied by high pressure disease diabetes, high cholesterol, and the opportunity is more suitable for them than others with these diseases.
- Impact on memory: High blood pressure sometimes affects people with memory and learning difficulties.
Causes of high blood pressure
- Age progress.
- Eat salt a lot.
- Potassium deficiency.
- Low vitamin D level
- Psychological and neurological pressures.
- Diabetes and kidney disease.
To confirm the incidence of high blood pressure based on sporadic readings taken by the doctor in more than one time, or even 3 or 4 consecutive days, or even at different times of the same day, until the injury is confirmed or free before deciding the subject, If all recorded readings and observation at different times show that there is an increase in blood pressure, the patient is required to perform blood and urine tests, and ECG.
Treatment of hypertension
Anyone with symptoms of high blood pressure must immediately consult a doctor for guidance, which is:
- Drugs acting on adrenoreceptors.
Adapt to high blood pressure
- Be sure to monitor the blood pressure readings on your home monitor.
- Avoid nervous and nervous tensions.
- Be sure to reduce the salt in the food or to avoid it altogether if possible.
- Be committed to exercise.
- Be careful not to increase your weight and maintain a healthy weight.
- Be sure to minimize or stop smoking.
Reduction of Blood pressure
A person with a low pressure condition is considered to have a 90/60 reading or less, but is not considered a source of concern; a person is exposed to injury without any conditions such as heredity, obesity or otherwise. If low blood pressure is accompanied by symptoms or Was associated with a serious medical condition such as heart disease, and the symptoms range from severe to mild sometimes.
Types of hypotension
- This type of sensation may be felt by any person who is not affected by stress. In general, it occurs when the body is suddenly changed. If a person changes his or her position, he or she may feel dizziness or dizziness. Sometimes the condition may develop. This is due to the fact that the body is unable to change and adjust the blood pressure and its muscles in conjunction with changing the position of the body at the appropriate speed, and the duration of this type of pressure disease a few seconds or a few minutes after doing, and may need to return to the position of sitting sometimes to adapt to the direction Blood flow and pressure with serious condition Body.
- Hypertension, which is the type of hypotension that a person suffers from standing for a long time. He feels dizzy and sometimes stomach ache and may reach fainting (unconsciousness). This type of hypotension may occur if The person is in a frightening, embarrassing or very frustrating position, and the age groups (childhood and youth) are more affected than others.
- Severe hypotension associated with shock is the most serious type of hypotension. It is a danger to human life that sometimes leads to death. It is similar to a shock that is strong on a person. It happens that the brain does not supply enough blood to send Signals to the rest of the body to give the right reaction, so blood pressure is much lower than in other types of hypotension.
Symptoms of low blood pressure
- Lack of clarity of vision.
- Fatigue or fatigue.