Gold is a precious metal that has been known for thousands of years and can exist freely in nature or mixed with other elements. It is a bright and dense element, one of the most soft minerals, and is found in the deposits of rivers and rocks. Gold retains its value because it affects monetary policy, and the global economy often relies on gold prices up and down.
Gold is one of the most famous metals used in jewelry, and has been used by women for decoration throughout the ages. It is manufactured and treated in the form of alloys, a mass of pure gold that melts to be processed in the form of different jewelry. Gold is classified according to the caliber, and the caliber is calculated by the ratio of gold compared to the percentage of other metals that make up the ornaments; the ratio of gold if the 24 caliber is high compared to gold 18 caliber; because the proportion of metals blended with gold is greater, so the price of gold grams 24 More than 18 Kg gold.
How to know gold metal?
Gold metal can be confirmed by:
- Existence of the stamp: a mark that is present on the piece of gold.
- The use of the magnet: It is possible to know if the gold is cheated or not by the magnet; as the magnet is approached from gold. If gold is attracted to the magnet it contains a percentage of iron. This is a quick and easy way to detect cheating gold.
- Vinegar can be used; gold is placed in vinegar. If gold turns to black, it is not gold; gold does not interact with elements and acids.
- The use of nitrite acid, as it has the ability to dissolve the metals, but gold does not dissolve with this acid, it got and erosion This is not gold but another stomach.
- Rub the piece of gold with a ceramic tile; if it does not leave a color that is gold, but if imitated it leaves an impact on the ceramics because the gold has a brilliant yellow color, and when the gold scrap with ceramic and the appearance of dark yellow will show that the piece of gold mixed with copper, so the piece of gold be Faked.
Uses of gold
- Gold has been used for thousands of years in the instrument of the coin; because gold is a material of high value, used in financial transactions for a long time.
- Gold is widely used in the electronics industry because of its important properties such as its ability to deliver energy efficiently and high corrosion resistance, making it ideal for low-voltage devices such as mobile phones, television and wires.
- Gold is used in the computer hardware industry because of its excellent conductivity.
- Gold is used in dentistry because it is inactive, because it is easy to handle, and is used in the use of cosmetic fillings.